How do I block or unblock a contact?
Blocked contacts cannot reach you in WhatsApp or see your profile information. For more information on what blocking does, see this article.
A. To block a contact that is saved in your phone:
- Open WhatsApp
- Go to Options > Settings > Blocked Contacts > Options > Add Contact
- Choose the contact you wish to block.
B. To block a number that is not saved in your phone:
- Open the chat window with the unknown contact
- Go to Options > Block
C. To unblock contacts:
- On WhatsApp's main screen go to Options > Settings > Blocked Contacts
- Select the contact you wish to unblock
- Click Options > Unblock
Alternatively, you can simply send a message to the contact you blocked and you will be prompted with a message to unblock that contact.
Want to delete someone from your Favorites or contacts list? Read this.
WhatsApp Support Team